Customer Service Centre
saha established its Accredited Customer Service Centre over a decade ago to drive forward excellence and consistency in the first line customer experience. All enquiries nationally come through this team and the approach has proved essential in our continued increase in customer satisfaction.
In addition to taking all our incoming enquiries the Customer Service Centre team also:
- Centrally manages saha’s service complaint handling process.
- Has an income recovery facility, with specialist rent account management officers.
- Manages a comprehensive telephone, email and postal survey process across all business areas.
- Manages business functions including invoicing and day-to-day contractor liaison on behalf of Asset Management.
- Manages access arrangements for our gas servicing programme.
- Acts as the agent for the day-to-day management of 700 Retired Officers properties for The Salvation Army.
During 2016/2017 the centre received over 32,000 calls. There are no automated messages and the customer speaks directly to a member of the Team when calling. Over 21,000 outbound calls were also made by the Team during the same period, dealing with an extensive range of customer care and income recovery matters.
We are always looking for ways to make it easier for our residents to contact us. Customers make contact using a free phone telephone number, via email or text, through our website or in person and we can tailor these to the needs of our business partners.
We have substantially invested in call and contact management systems that assist us in managing staff resources to peak call times.
In 2017 the Centre was once again rigorously assessed for the prestigious Customer Service Excellence accreditation, during which all of our customer service standards were critically assessed and externally validated.
We are delighted to report that we retained our fully compliant status across all 57 elements of the assessment and obtained two compliance plus awards regarding our new customer ownership project.
We have further externally compared our Customer Service Centre functions through benchmarking both within the social housing sector and externally against other service centre type environments and this has further validated that we offer an excellent standard of service.
The principles behind it are:
- saha Customer Service Centre staff ‘own’ all service problems reported to us.
- Customer issues are monitored from the beginning to the end of any process.
- Service issues are addressed quickly, without the need for call backs by the customer.
- To aim to further increase customer satisfaction.
What are the expected benefits?
- Reduced formal complaints.
- Reduced timescale of resolution for the customer.
- No need for a “second” call back for the customer.
- Issues are not delayed beyond our targets for dealing with calls.
- All ownership calls are formally logged and actioned.
Overall, we are confident that out Customer Service Centre can offer tailored, quality affordable customer contact solutions that can be flexible to the needs of our customers, both internally and externally.
3rd Floor, St Olaves House
2nd Floor, 53-55 Victoria Square
All enquiries to Stephen Bate, Head of Customer Services, via our Customer Service Centre, Tel: 0800 970 6363, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org