SERVICE UPDATE – DECEMBER 2021
These are difficult times for us all and we very much hope all our residents and customers are doing everything they can to keep safe during the pandemic.
Hands / Face / Space
At Saha, we have asked all colleagues to be vigilant and to follow health and safety guidance when completing their duties. Our team members will wear masks when at your home or in a scheme. They will regularly cleanse their hands and they will maintain a physical gap when speaking to customers. Please can you do your bit to help us by ensuring that you follow similar steps when meeting with a saha colleague or one of our contractors. It is important that we respect each other’s space and do all we can to minimise any potential spread of the virus.
We are following Government guidance and currently our offices in Bolton and London are closed. Colleagues who normally work in these locations are now able to work remotely from home. However, over half our team, work in actual schemes where residents live. The dedication and commitment of our team members ensures that services continue to be delivered and we are very proud of that fact that we continue to provide services to customers across the country.
In addition, we continue to offer a full repairs service. We ask that customers respect our team members and help us complete jobs safely and quickly. For instance, if we are repairing a radiator in a room, then please ensure the area around the radiator is clear and that our operative can easily get to the radiator and the boiler. That way they can work safely with minimal contact with you and your family members. Please note that all colleagues are advised to leave a property or a job if they feel unsafe to complete the repair.
If you need to contact saha then please visit the website and complete a service request form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our Customer Service Centre on 0800 970 6363.
You can view the latest government advice here on the Gov website.
Gas Servicing and Electric Inspections – It is extremely important that ALL gas and electricity servicing appointments must be maintained in line with your tenancy agreement which ensure we comply with our statutory obligations as a landlord and keep you safe.
- No work will be carried out by a trades person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- Whilst reporting a repair you will be asked if you or any occupants have signs of the virus, have been diagnosed, or are self-isolating, and to check that you are comfortable for a visit to take place
How you can help in preparation for the repair / service visit:
- In terms of applying this to a trades person visit, consider where that trades person will be spending their time while in your property and any appliances or equipment, they are likely to be touching during their work. Cleaning this area before and after their visit is good practice and will help us all reduce the spread of infection.
- Leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles.
Repairs being completed:
- The trades person attending will not shake hands and will maintain a 2 meter distance at all times
- You will be asked if all occupants can stay in another room, away from the work area(s) whilst the work proceeds, and with permission ventilate the work area where appropriate, e.g. by opening a window
- The trades person will wear suitable PPE including work gloves
- All waste from works will be removed from site
If you need to discuss your rent with one of our officers, we are still available on the Freephone number 0800 970 6363.
If you need to make a rent payment, you can by using one of the following options:
- Debit card over the telephone
- Debit card through the Allpay app
- Bank transfer – please ensure you use your tenancy reference number
- Direct debit
- Standing order – please ensure you use your tenancy reference number