saha are currently responding accordingly to local lockdowns that are occurring and where necessary we will be reverting to an emergency only repairs service in these areas. – You can view the local lockdown areas here on the Gov website.
You can report your repairs via the Customer Services Centre on 0800 970 6363 by email at email@example.com or on the saha website.
- No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs, and where the trades person is willing to do so.
- No work will be carried out by a trades person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- Whilst reporting a repair you will be asked if you or any occupants have signs of the virus, have been diagnosed, or are self-isolating, and to check that you are comfortable for a visit to take place
How you can help in preparation for the repair visit:
- In terms of applying this to a trades person visit, consider where that trades person will be spending their time while in your property and any appliances or equipment, they are likely to be touching during their work. Cleaning this area before and after their visit is good practice and will help us all reduce the spread of infection.
- Leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles.
Repairs being completed:
- The trades person attending will not shake hands and will maintain a 2 meter distance at all times
- You will be asked if all occupants can stay in another room, away from the work area(s) whilst the work proceeds, and with permission ventilate the work area where appropriate, e.g. by opening a window
- The trades person will wear suitable work gloves
- All waste from works will be removed from site
We are here to help and support all of our residents as we move through this uncertain time and the ongoing Coronavirus situation. If you need to discuss your rent with one of our officers, we are still available on the Freephone number 0800 970 6363.
If you need to make a rent payment, you can by using one of the following options:
- Debit card over the telephone
- Debit card through the Allpay app
- Bank transfer – please ensure you use your tenancy reference number
- Direct debit
- Standing order – please ensure you use your tenancy reference number
Gas Servicing and Electric Inspections – ALL appointments must be maintained in line with your tenancy agreement which ensure we comply with our statutory obligations as a landlord.
Housing officers, Scheme Managers and Support Workers on our General Needs and Older Peoples services will only be visiting if necessary and these will be doorstop visits where possible. Currently we also have postponed communal activities on our schemes.
We have taken this precaution to minimise the potential spread of Coronavirus to protect all residents and our staff. Thank you for your understanding