What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding means protecting people’s health, well-being and human rights and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect. By people, we mean adults, the elderly and children.
When should I raise safeguarding concerns?
Abuse and neglect can be difficult to detect, but here are some possible warning signs.
- Badly-maintained property
- Poor living conditions
- No gas or electricity
- Unauthorised persons staying in the property
- Cuts and bruising
- Change in the level of support needed
- Unexplained expenditure
- Health and safety risks
- Being harassed
How can I raise a safeguarding issue?
If you have a concern regarding a neighbour you can report it to us in the following ways:
- Fill in our online Safeguarding Form
- Contact a member of the saha team on 0800 970 6363
- or you can Email: email@example.com